Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Numbers

I get a kick out of numbers.  So when I signed into the ATC yesterday as a thru-hiker who had made it to Harper's Ferry, I realized that I was just 4 hikers away from my starting number at Amicalola Falls State Park.  I ended up hanging out for an hour, waiting for three more folks to come in, but I got the number.  On June 14, 2011, I registered as hiker 424. WOO! (For the record, I won't be doing this at Katahdin.  Probably. Unless I'm close to the number...)

I'm in the book!

And speaking of numbers, guess who signed in exactly 21 years before me, on June 14, 1990?

Why, it's my friend, Bill Weye!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow. Wow ...

    Ah, I was so thin back then! I probably weighed about 160 lbs. at that point, and would lose another 10.

    Sasquatch was someone I met along the way and we became hiking partners. We walked together for 2.5 months He lives in Montana now, I believe.

    Thanks so much for this photo, Bree. It means a lot to me. And congratulations on being half way there.

    ReplyDelete