Saturday, July 23, 2011

Moving in Massachusetts

A small part of me was hoping that the Boston Red Sox would meet me at the border with a six pack of Sam Adams, a lemon scone from Sherman Cafe in Somerville, and a welcome home hug for Massachusetts' prodigal daughter.  Unfortunately the only thing that welcomed me into the current state of my (homeless) residence was a brutal heat wave, which, to put it mildly, was a bit of a bummer.  Thankfully my restful stay with my wonderful aunts, uncles, grandma, and cousins well prepared me for the heat, and gave me this to think about when I was starting to have difficult moments coping: my family contains some of the greatest people on Earth, and I am so deeply thankful to have them in my life.

I've been hiking like hell since the start of the heat wave, and am looking forward to taking tomorrow off at Upper Goose Pond, where there will be much swimming and revelry.  After that it's back to work for me, and time to make miles.  As it turns out, I have less than 650 miles until I'm done with the trail... and it feels rather funny to think that I'm almost done (although 650 miles is still Virginia + Georgia + Maryland, which is a lot).  How did that happen?

Anyhow, in case you want to send me a letter, here are my next couple mail drops.  Send letters to: Bree Carlson, Thru-Hiker; General Delivery,
  • Killington Vermont, 05701 (by August 2nd)
  • West Hartford, Vermont, 05084 (by August 6)
  • Hanover, New Hampshire, 03755 (by August 8)
WOAH!  NEW HAMPSHIRE!

No comments:

Post a Comment