Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Direction

Twice in the last two days someone has asked me for directions.  Normally I'd be all about helping people figure out how to get to where they're going, except that I don't have a clue where I am. For a person who usually has a good sense of direction and who has, on more than one occasion, displayed an abnormal affinity for maps, this utter lack of place baffles me. I keep wanting to justify my inability to help by explaining that I'm not from around here (just look at the enormous pack on my back), but instead I just shrug and move on. It's odd feeling so lost; until last night I didn't realize I was so close to New England and my family and friends. In the mean time I'll continue to follow the white blazes, and hope they lead me in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment