Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood...

On Wednesday, January 5, 2011,  the company I work for granted me a leave of absence starting in March to pursue a lifelong dream of mine to hike the Appalachian Trail.  For those of you who don't know, the Appalachian Trail is over 2,000 miles long, and stretches from Georgia to Maine, following the route seen here: http://tinyurl.com/d5ls87. I'm aiming to start the hike on March 22nd, and will hopefully complete it sometime in September.  I'll be returning to work at the same company in November.  Words cannot adequately express how excited I am about this new adventure... it's been something that I've been daydreaming about for the past 15 years or so.  :)

While I don't have the next few months mapped out completely, they involve selling my possessions, moving out of my fantastic house, figuring out the logistics for keeping in touch with all of you (for example, this blog) and the logistics for spending 6+ months hiking), and (hopefully) getting to see or talk to most of you before I head south.

Thanks for your support and love... and, if you live somewhere near the trail, thanks in advance for the hot shower and place to sleep when I come through.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment