Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Procrastination...

It's just about time for me to buy my tickets south, and every day I keep putting it off.  For some reason, purchasing a train ticket to Georgia makes me more nervous than taking a leave of absence, selling off my furniture, getting rid of the clutter and crap that I've accumulated over the years, saying a (temporary) goodbye to friends and family, and moving out of my house.  It even makes me more nervous than a wet sleeping bag and encounters with moose, which are the two things I worry about most with regard to hiking.  (Being trapped in a wet sleeping bag when I encounter a moose?  That's the stuff of nightmares.)  I'm guessing that my hesitation comes from what the ticket represents- until I purchase the ticket, I can still change my mind (of course, this is silly thinking- I can change my mind at any point along this path- from before I get on the train to Georgia all the way up until I take that last step to the top of Katahdin in September).  But I don't think I will.  I suspect that once I start hiking, I'll be good.  In the mean time, the pull of stability, family, friends, and dry socks beckons...

1 comment:

  1. by the way, now that i have all this free time, let me know if there's anything i can help with...i can be a personal travel assistant :)

    ReplyDelete